- A short somewhat steep trail leads from Blue Lake Road to Heart Lake. The trail continues around the lake following a powerline corridor over a low saddle to Thimbleberry Lake where it connects up with Thimbleberry Lake trail. Currently the connecting trail is poorly developed, though there are plans to upgrade it.
- Seasons: All
- In winter Blue Lake Road is closed to vehicle traffic, so it is necessary to walk a short distance up the road to reach the trailhead.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Elevation Change: Slight/Moderate
- The trail climbs up about 200 feet from the trailhead to the lake. The steeper parts of the trail consist primarily of stairs.
- Route Finding: Moderate to Easy
- Parts of the trail between Heart Lake and Thimbleberry Lake may be difficult to follow.
- Trail Condition: Moderate to Poor
- The trail to Heart Lake has been improved in recent years, but the trail between Heart Lake and Thimbleberry Lake is generally unmaintained.
- Getting There:
- Drive out Sawmill Creek Boulevard to Blue Lake Road. A short distance up the road there is a small turn out on the left. There is not currently a sign, but the trail to Heart Lake starts here.
- Things to See
- Wildlife including bear, deer, toads, and a variety of birds can all be seen in the area.
- Heart Lake
Destination Distance (one way/round trip)
Time (one way/round trip)
Heart Lake .25 miles/.5 miles
10-20 minutes/30-40 minutes
Thimbleberry Lake 1.5 miles
- Connecting Trails
- Thimbleberry Lake
- Blue Lake Road