Connor and Rowan Tell Their Stories Tales of growing up in Sitka, Alaska

August 25, 2007

Today’s Story about the birds

Filed under: Nature — Connor @ 5:55 pm

Townsend’s Warbler

Today I got a picture of the Townsend’s Warbler and it was up in the tree so I could only get a picture of half of it and one eye of it. I took a picture of it with my new camera and it was pretty. It had yellow and black and gray. The leafes were green and the pointy things were silver.


I got a really close look to a chickadee. I took a picture of it and it was pretty. I got a bunch of different pictures of the chickadees. It was on a tree branch, a low one, eating some seeds.

Black Turnstone

I took a picture of a Black Turnstone at the beach. It was really pretty and it was where there was stones.


  1. It looks like you got really close to those birds. That’s really cool!

    Comment by Uncle Jonathan — August 26, 2007 @ 9:00 pm

  2. And it looks like the chickadee is eating while he is almost upside down! How is he holding on to the branch?
    The baby swallows had flown away from Great grandma’s house so I couldn’t try to get a picture of them

    Comment by Grams — August 27, 2007 @ 6:09 pm

  3. You know guys, the closest one that I got to was the chickadee. The chickadee was looking right at me, that’s how I got a good picture of it. And don’t ya’ know what the birds have on the bottom of them that they helped them hanged on to, those were claws and feet. That’s how the chickadee holded on to the branch. And the closest one was the chickadee. And the Townsend’s Warbler was really cool and it was really friendly, and it had beautiful colors on it. That’s why I wanted to take a picture of it. The Black Turnstone I liked them too. We haven’t had them in Sitka for a while.

    Comment by Connor — August 30, 2007 @ 5:58 pm

  4. I just looked how long ago you wrote your answer. Didn’t think it had been so long since I looked at some of your older pictures and comments. We had a surprise today. Just as grandpa was getting ready to go to work – he pushed the button to close the big garage door and it stopped moving. He had to get to work so pulled it down the rest of the way using his hands – and he pinched some of his fingers because they got caught in part of the door. What happened was that the electricity at our house went out. A little later a man from the electricity company came to the door and said that starlings had been pecking on one of the transformers (the one by our back yard) and they made holes in the wire so that made the electricity go out. He was going to have to turn more of the electricity off along the street and fix it. So we didn’t have electricity for a long time. It was still off when I went to work – 1 hour after grandpa had left. I was glad it was back on when we got home tonight.

    Comment by Grams — September 10, 2007 @ 11:54 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment

Powered by WordPress